The Kaji group aims to understand the mechanisms of reprogramming induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) to improve the technology as well as to apply the knowledge to generate different cell types.
Group Leader, Professor of Biology of Reprogramming and MRC Senior Non-Clinical Fellow
0131 651 9551
Aims and areas of interest:
Recently a technology to generate pluripotent stem cells from differentiated somatic cells has been developed using defined factors. However, the biological mechanism underlying the process of reprogramming has not been elucidated at all. Our group aims to understand the mechanism of the reprogramming, improve the technology and enable to control cell fate.
New and noted
- Ian Chambers
- Jesus Gil, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, UK
- Thomas Graf, Centre for Genomic Regulation, Spain
- Sten Linnarsson, Karolinska Institute, Sweden
- Knut Woltjen, Centre for iPS Cell Research and Application, Japan
- Mihaela Zavolan, Biozentrum, Switzerland
- Kosuke Yusa, Sanger Institute, UK
- Paloma Garcia, University of Birmingham, UK