The Marie Curie Initial Training Network, Vascular Endothelial interactionS and SpEciaLization (VESSEL), project is funded by the European Union under the FP7 programme.
The VESSEL training network brings together 7 leading European laboratories and 2 industrial partners to study the development of specialised blood and lymphatic vessels in embryonic and in adult tissues under normal and pathological conditions; as well as advancing imaging techniques and developing novel methods for drug delivery.
By covering a broad training schedule including a range of technical expertise, promoting collaboration and forging strong links between academic and private sectors, the consortium aims to provide cutting edge multidisciplinary training for future specialists in vascular biology.
- The project is coordinated by CRM Prof Alexander Medvinsky.
- Project Manager is Natalia Rybtsova,
- Sabrina Gordon-Keylock is Project Training Manager.
The project is in close partnership with:
- Prof Ralf H. Adams, Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine, University of Münster, Germany;
- Prof Christer Betsholtz, Division of Vascular Biology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden;
- Prof Tatiana Petrova, Department of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, France;
- Dr Mariona Graupera, Tumour Angiogenesis Group, Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute, Barcelona, Spain;
- Prof Kari Alitalo, Molecular Cancer Biology Program, Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, Finland.
- Prof Elisabetta Dejana, Department of Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnologies, University of Milan, Italy;
- Dr Volker Andresen, LaVision BioTec GmbH, Bielefeld, Germany;
- Dr Adam Feiler, Nanologica, Stockholm, Sweden.
Visit the http://vesselfp7.com website for more information.